Get the Look
While I’m not a huge fan of YouTube makeup tutorials, there are some channels that I do really like. Checking out other people’s ideas are a great way to get inspiration for your own Halloween makeup!
Mother Earth Tutorial
Petrilude is one of the YouTube “gurus” that makes great Halloween videos. I love his Mother Earth look and the best thing about it is that you can adapt it to work with many different costumes.
Love it! Simple (kind of) and scary.
Poison Ivy Tutorial
The look is really cool but this chick needs some caffeine…
The characters from Avatar are all over 2010 Top Halloween costume lists. This is one of the best tutorials I found for the look. The music is annoying but you can mute it
Bloody French Tip Manicure Tutorial
Love this idea!! I wish I had longer nails so I could pull this off!
Megan Fox’s Eyebrow Artist Revealed
Megan Fox has my favorite celebrity eyebrows by far! They are perfectly arched, flawlessly groomed and full, not over plucked. I get a ton of emails asking me if I know who is behind Megan’s perfect brows. Today, I spoke with her publicist, and I’m happy to share with you the artist who’s been shaping up Megan’s eyebrows for the past seven years:
Tonya is a celebrity brow artist who’s clients not only include Megan Fox, but Fergie, Molly Sims, Britney Spears, Eva Mendez (my 2nd favorite brows!), and Gwenyth Paltrow among others.
Get the Look!
To achieve Megan’s brow look, Tonya trims and tweezes them into shape. She “doesn’t use wax as much with Megan as she does with other clients, as her skin is quite sensitive.” Tonya also shares:
“Brows come in two basic shapes — an arc or an arch. Megan has a perfect arch. It’s what she was born with and it works perfectly for her face, as it’s her natural shape and brings a lot of drama to her face, since arches are more dramatic than arcs. Also, as Megan’s brow hairs are dark and her skin is light, there is a great high-low contrast that really gives her a strong look.
If someone wants a similar look they should keep in mind that Megan has a natural arch, but if you have a natural arc, you should go with that. You want to go with what is the most natural, appropriate look for your face. Make sure you keep the hairs long enough, and don’t remove too many hairs from either the front or the tail, as these can often dictate the shape of your brow. Make sure your arch is in the right place, and your brows are thick and clean. Megan often fills in sparse spots with a powder or pencil and always makes sure they’re brushed and kempt.”
The best part is that you too can get your brows shaped by Tonya! She co-owns a salon in Beverly Hills called Mirror Mirror Beauty Studio and her prices are extremely affordable, starting at only $45!
Mirror Mirror Beauty Studio
8217 Beverly Blvd #6
Los Angeles, CA, 90048
Visit Tonya’s Website Here
Follow Tonya on Twitter Here
I am in LOVE with this behind the scenes video featuring makeup artist, Tom Pecheux. Tom Pecheux is the new Creative Makeup Director for Estee Lauder (you’ll notice he is only using Estee Lauder products in the video) and he is amazing!
In most behind the scenes videos, we are only shown a small glimpse into the makeup room; this one, on the other hand, is all about it! Watch Tom create several different looks on model, Constance Jablonski for Paris Vogue’s September 2010 issue!! It’s long, which only makes it that much better.
After many requests to find out what nail polish Rachel Bilson is wearing in her September 2010 issue of UK InStyle, I’ve finally got the scoop Earlier today, Rachel’s manicurist for the shoot, let me in on the colors she used!
“Both of the colors are from the fall collection from Chanel. The one on the cover is Rouge Fatal, and inside is Paradoxal. Definitely the new must have shades.”
-Ashlie Johnson- Manicurist for Rachel Bilson’s InStyle Shoot. Check out Ashlie’s other incredible work HERE
For the cover, Ashlie applied Chanel’s Le Vernis in Rouge Fatal. This Autumn red will launch in October 2010.
On the inside spread, Ashlie used Chanel Le Vernis in Paradoxal, a dark grey-violet. Chanel names this polish “the new statement maker of the season.”
I have had a ton of emails asking what color nail polish Lady Gaga is wearing on the cover of Vanity Fair’s September issue of Vogue, so for everyone wondering..
Lady Gaga is wearing Deborah Lippmann’s “Waking up in Vegas” nail polish.
Deborah Lippmann herself actually did the manicure for the pop star!! Waking up in Vegas is described as a “puttylicious grey.” Just when you though greige was out..
Read More About the Issue Cover and Other September Issue Covergirls HERE
Makeup Artist Richard Dean has been working Julia Roberts for over 15 years! In a recent product breakdown with Makeup411, Dean shares that he used Makeup Forever’s HD foundation on Roberts for her newest film, Eat Pray Love, and he didn’t just use one shade, he used three!
For Julia’s look in Eat Pray Love, Dean applied Makeup Forever’s HD Foundation #160 on the balls of her cheeks and the bridge of her nose, #140 on her brow and nose and #125 along her jawline. He set the look with Makeup Forever’s HD powder and T. LeClerc Pressed Powder in Abricot.
To Get the Rest of Julia’s Look, check out Makeup411!!
Jenna Jameson and Khloe Kardashian’s Shrek Inspired Nails
Several months ago, OPI came out with a Collection honoring Shrek fourth film. It included two blues (Ogre the Top and What’s with the Cattitude), two purples (Rumple’s Wiggin’ and Funkey Dunky), a lime green (Who the Shrek are you) and a pale yellow (Fiercely Finoa). Ever since the release, celebs have loving the the Ogre inspired shades..
Jenna Jameson Wearing Ogre the Top
Today, Jenna Jameson tweeted pictures of her royal blue nails while on the way to a UFC fight in San Diego. She credits Shrek’s polish in Ogre the Top. I’ve never really been a fan of blue nails but I love this color on her!
Khloe Kardashian Wearing Rumples Wiggin’
Right before the Lakers won the Chamionship, Khloe Kardashian posted pictures of her light purple nails to show support for the team! She is wearing Shrek’s nail polish in Rumple’s Wiggin’
The Hills has ended, and two nights ago the cast celebrated the final episode of the popular show at the Roosevelt hotel in Hollywood. Carlene K, Kristin Cavallari’s makeup artist, shares how she achieved Kristin’s look for the night!!
“Kristin wore a gorgeous creme colored rhinestone mini dress, so I wanted her makeup to Shine like her dress” – Carlene K
What You’ll Need:
Get the Look By Carlene K:
1. “I started out with MAKE UP FOR EVER Face and Body Foundation to even out her skin tone. The great thing about this foundation is that you can achieve light or heavy coverage by layering it. Yet it will never look cakey and heavy.”
2. “I then filled in her eyebrows with my favorite new product. SMASHBOX Brow Tech To Go. Its an angle shaped brow pencil, and on the other end has a clear brow gel to hold the eye brows in place.”
3. “On Kristin’s eyes I wanted to do an earthy smokey eye, with no black. I framed the entire eye with MAC Saddle Eyeshadow. Blended it softly into her crease, and softly underneath her eye as well. Its important when doing a smokey look, to take a color like this and blend it at the edges of a dark color, that’s how you achieve a blended smokey look and not a hard line.”
4. “I then took on of my new favorite color, NARS Galapagos Eyeshadow, A deep brown with gold glitter. I smoked her lash line all the way around. I shaded the corners of her eye lid and blended Galapagos into her crease as well. This color is a Must Have and is amazing for Smokey Eyes.”
5. “I lined Kristin’s eye pretty heavily with URBAN DECAY Bourbon 24/7 Eye pencil. I smudged it across her top lash line, into the corner and on her inner rim.”
6. “I used URBAN DECAY Half Baked Eye Shadow on her inner corners to highlight her eyes and blended it onto her eyelid. This gives a beautiful golden glow to the whole eye.”
7. “I finished the eye of course with great lashes. I used ARDELL “Fairies”, and SMASHBOX Hyperlash Mascara.”
8. “To give her that golden glow, I used URBAN DECAY Baked Bronzer on her forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.”
9. “I used MAC Golden Bronze Loose Shimmer powder, on her cheekbones and blended it lightly onto her cheeks.”
10. “For Kristins sexy nude pout, I used URBAN DECAY Wallflower 24/7 lip pencil and MAC Cherish lipstick, the perfect every day nude lipstick.”
11. “To finish the entire look. of course I used CARLENE K Shine Bronzer all over her body. www.carlenekcosmetics.com“
This “Get the Look” was posted with permission. Check out Carlene’s blog for this, and more celebrity makeup breakdowns!
So the Lakers just won and Los Angeles is going CRAZY right now!!! I’ve been listening to non-stop horns, yelling, cheering, fighting outside for the past hour! LA loves their Lakers!!
Celebrity Nail Artist, Kimmie Kyees, painted Kim and Khloe Kardashian’s nails for the big game. Check out their different shades of purple to support the team!
Kimmie shared on her Twitter earlier today that she used OPI’s Rumples Wiggin from the Shrek Collection on Khloe and Motive’s Her Majesty on Kim.
Kim is wearing the dark purple and Khloe has on the light purple.
Were You Rooting for the Lakers or the Celtics??
Playmate of the Year Makeup How-To!
Hugh Hefner introduced the world to 2010′s Playmate of the Year on May 15th at the Palms in Las Vegas. Hope Dworaczyk is her name, and I’m loving her makeup and hair at this party!! If you want to recreate this easy but sexy look, check out the steps below!
1. Start with a silicone based makeup primer to smooth the skin and ensure that your makeup lasts the whole night!
2. Apply a medium coverage matte foundation all over your face with a brush or sponge and blend well. Hope opted for a matte-skin look, so you can use a mattifying foundation such as Makeup Forever’s Mat Velvet or Maybelline’s Dream Matte Mousse. OR simply buff your face with a loose powder to give any foundation the matte effect.
3. Lightly swipe a soft pink blush only onto the apples of your cheeks. Hope’s blush is barely noticeable but she stilllooks naturally flushed and healthy.
4. Fill in your brows with a brow powder or pencil. Keep them natural looking but stil more on the full side. If you already have fuller brows, either fill in gaps, or simply skip this step!
5. This look is all about the lashes so keep your eyeshadow simple and clean! Choose a light ivory or shell colored shadow, such as MAC’s Shroom eyeshadow. Apply it from your brow bone to your lashline. Hope is wearing a neutral brown color in the crease of her eye to give slight definition and color.
6. Time for the lashes!! Choose long, wispy false eyelashes such as Ardell’s lashes in #106 or #136. These are perfect, and you can buy them at most drugstores! To take it one step further, glue several short length, individual lashes along your lower lashline as well!
7. Once the eyelash glue has dried, curl your lashes to open up your eyes, and apply several coats of volumizing mascara.
8. Next, line your top lashline with black liner (pencil or gel) in a medium thickness. Keep the liner on the outer 3/4 of the eye and taper it off before you reach the inner corner.
9. Hope’s lower waterline is rimmed with a jet black liner. I like MAC’s Smolder for the waterline, or use MUFE’s Aqua Eyes in black to get it to stay all night!
10. Apply a dark grey eyeshadow with a small brush on your lower lashline and buff it out. Most of the smokiness comes from the waterline, so keep the lower lashline soft and smudgy looking.
11. Last but not least choose a baby pink lipstick for your lips! No gloss!YSL ROUGE VOLUPTÉ in Lingerie Pink #7 is perfect!
Let Me Know How it Goes!