Valentine’s Day Makeup Idea
Get the Look: Kim and Khloe Kardashian
Happy Valentine’s Day!! You might have your outfit picked out, but what about your face? Whether you’re spending the night with your significant other, or attending an “F Valentine’s Day” party, this look is perfect for tonight!
What You’ll Need
Concealer or Under-Eye Brightener
Your Favorite Red Lipstick!
Get the Look
1. Apply a luminizing foundation all over your face. One with a dewier finish (Face Atelier has an awesome one) will look best. If you don’t have another foundation on hand, mix a little moisturizer in with your current formula. It will sheer it out and give you that same glow.
2. Take a matte bronzer and lightly apply to your forehead, cheekbones, and chin. This frames your face and give you a healthy, sun-kissed look that compliments red lips beautifully.
3. Next, apply your under-eye concealer or brightener. Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Eclat is the most popular for brightening and illumining underneath your eyes.
4. Now it’s time for eyeshadow! In the pictures of Kim and Khloe, it’s hard to see what color eyeshadow they have on, but it looks like a matte beige/brown. MAC’s Soft Brown eyeshadow would be perfect for this, just to give a little bit of contour to the eyes. Sweep the shadow across your whole eyelid and blend well into the crease.
5. When it comes to eyeliner, you have two options: jet black eyeliner rimmed all the way around the entire eye (see Khloe), or a single black line on the upper eyelid (see Kim).
Tip: If you have small eyes, go for Kim’s look. Black all the way around will close in your eyes, making them look even smaller.
Kim: To get Kim’s eyeliner, draw a thin line on your upper eyelid with a black or brown pencil. Smudge out the line with a Q-Tip to soften. You can leave your lower lid free of liner, OR run your same matte brown eyeshadow under the eye with a small brush to give a bit of definition without creating a hard line.
Khloe: For Khloe’s look, take a jet black eyeliner pencil or gel and rim your entire eye. MAC’s Smolder eye pencil would be great for this. Don’t forget to line your lower waterline also!
6. Lashes!! Coat your eyelashes with 2-3 coats of a volumizing formula. for added drama, try false lashes. It will give your eyes a little extra oomph.
7. Last but not least, apply your red lipstick! With red lips, I always make sure to start with lipliner. It helps to keep the color from bleeding, and will give you a cleaner line. Kim’s lips are matte, whereas Khloe’s are glossy. The choice is up to you!
Khloe is wearing NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl with a gloss on top!
GREAT REDS I RECOMMEND
From Left to Right: MAC Russian Red, NARS Jungle Red, OCC Lip Tar NSFW