In August we discovered that Megan Fox was set to replace Laura Stone as the face of Armani Beauty. This week, Armani released their new video “The Face of Beauty” featuring the actress.
She looks stunning, as expected.
Also, check out the behind the scenes video which, in my opinion, is much more interesting
Makeup artist, Linda Cantello, touching up Megan Fox on set of “The Face of Beauty.”
Megan Fox’s Eyebrow Artist Revealed
Megan Fox has my favorite celebrity eyebrows by far! They are perfectly arched, flawlessly groomed and full, not over plucked. I get a ton of emails asking me if I know who is behind Megan’s perfect brows. Today, I spoke with her publicist, and I’m happy to share with you the artist who’s been shaping up Megan’s eyebrows for the past seven years:
Tonya is a celebrity brow artist who’s clients not only include Megan Fox, but Fergie, Molly Sims, Britney Spears, Eva Mendez (my 2nd favorite brows!), and Gwenyth Paltrow among others.
Get the Look!
To achieve Megan’s brow look, Tonya trims and tweezes them into shape. She “doesn’t use wax as much with Megan as she does with other clients, as her skin is quite sensitive.” Tonya also shares:
“Brows come in two basic shapes — an arc or an arch. Megan has a perfect arch. It’s what she was born with and it works perfectly for her face, as it’s her natural shape and brings a lot of drama to her face, since arches are more dramatic than arcs. Also, as Megan’s brow hairs are dark and her skin is light, there is a great high-low contrast that really gives her a strong look.
If someone wants a similar look they should keep in mind that Megan has a natural arch, but if you have a natural arc, you should go with that. You want to go with what is the most natural, appropriate look for your face. Make sure you keep the hairs long enough, and don’t remove too many hairs from either the front or the tail, as these can often dictate the shape of your brow. Make sure your arch is in the right place, and your brows are thick and clean. Megan often fills in sparse spots with a powder or pencil and always makes sure they’re brushed and kempt.”
The best part is that you too can get your brows shaped by Tonya! She co-owns a salon in Beverly Hills called Mirror Mirror Beauty Studio and her prices are extremely affordable, starting at only $45!
Mirror Mirror Beauty Studio
8217 Beverly Blvd #6
Los Angeles, CA, 90048
Visit Tonya’s Website Here
Follow Tonya on Twitter Here
Megan Fox is no stranger to Armani; she already appears in Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans advertisements all over the country. Today, WWD reports that Fox has just signed on to be the new face of Armani Cosmetics and will be replacing current model for the cosmetic line, Lara Stone.
She embodies the spirit of the women of today: free, confident and seductive. Her beautiful features reveal femininity, sensuality and strength,”
- Giorgio Armani on Megan Fox
The ads will be out this October and Linda Cantello will be the makeup artist for the campaign.
You Aren’t Alone in Your Fight Against Zits!
Celebrities seems annoyingly perfect all the time. They grace the pages of our favorite magazines with no cellulite, acne or even a stray hair! Although airbrushing is a widely known tool used to make these stars flawless, sometimes we overlook it’s usage and wind up beating ourselves up for not being as pretty, thin or pimple free.
Take a look at several of today’s biggest stars (without photoshop!) dealing with acne in their everyday lives:
Miley Cyrus is a normal 16 year old girl so of course she is going to suffer from pimples every now and then! While she may have more resources at her disposal in order to limit her breakouts, (ex: dermatologists, facialists etc) she is still a teenager. According to a recent study, over 85% of teenagers suffer from acne!!
Lindsay Lohan is known for her party-girl ways. Living this kind of lifestyle definitely catches up to you physically and mentally. This photo of Lindsay shows an accumulation of pimples on her chin and around her mouth.
Victoria Beckham got a lot of press when this photo was released. If you look at her forehead, there are clusters of pimples and blackheads. Frequent traveling and stress are common causes of acne, and celebrities are not immune to these symptoms.
Common Causes of Acne:
Just about everyone gets pimples now and then, and even celebrities and models are not exempt. Unfortunately we do not have personal retouchers to make us look flawless 24/7. Next time you get a pimple, don’t beat yourself up! NOBODY is perfect.
Megan Fox (The hair on her head is a bit of a mess but her eyebrows are
Shaping The Perfect Eyebrow For Your Face
It’s no secret that I am obsessed with eyebrows. More often than not, eyebrows are overlooked. Many women really underestimate the power of amazing eyebrows. I’ve already listed my picks for the best celebrity brows and now I’ll give you the steps to making your own eyebrows red carpet worthy.
Creating perfect shape can definitely be the most difficult part of your perfect eyebrow quest. “Do I tweeze, wax, thread, shave?” are the first questions that always come to mind. Personally I prefer tweezing, but please DO NOT shave your eyebrows. Ew.
If you decide to go the “do-it-yourself” route by tweezing, follow these easy steps to creating a great brow shape for your face!
1. Start noticing which type of brows you like. Looking through magazines, and watching celebrities are excellent ways to get references for your own eyebrows. Check out my list of Best Celebrity Eyebrows here for some great examples.
2. To start the shaping process you will need a brow comb, or spoolie, and a good pair of tweezers. Comb your brows to lay all the hair in one direction and smooth it out. If you have never shaped your eyebrows before, they might be a little out of control (I know mine were!), so this step is important.
3. Next, you need to determine where they start, where they end and where your arch should be. Take a look at the Megan Fox picture above. Line “A” shows you where your eyebrow should start. Take a pencil, or anything with a straight edge and align it straight from the corner of your nose up to your eyebrow. Wherever the pencil hits your brow is an indicator of where you eyebrow needs to start. However: Notice Megan’s eyebrow does not start where the line ends. Her eyes are more wide-set, so she can get away with having her eyebrows start closer it, and it even makes her eyes look closer together. Remember, beauty tips are not set in stone, if you feel that something may not look right on you, alter it!
4. Now, it’s time to see where you should place your arch. Take the same pencil and look straight ahead in a mirror. Align the pencil diagonally so that it starts at the corner of your nose, and skims the outside of your iris (not literally!). See Line “B” on Megan’s face. This is where your arch should be. When creating your arch, make sure you keep in mind what type of brow you are going for. Making too much of an extreme arch will make you look constantly mad or surprised.
5. To find out where your brow should end, take your pencil, start at the corner of your nose and place it diagonal, this time skimming the very outside corner of your eye. See Line “C.”
6. Now that you’ve got your dimensions down, it is time to start plucking! Hold your tweezers at a 45 degree angle and go to town. A good tip is to take a white eyeliner pencil (wet and wild makes a really cheap one, 99 cents), and trace an outline of how you want your brow to look. Then, whatever you do, do not pluck inside the white lines! If you want to forget the white pencil, start plucking random strays, making your way up to the brow. Go slow, and pull one by one. You might need to step back half way through and see how it looks from other angles. Don’t forget your uni-brow, if you have one!
Tip: DO NOT GET TOO CRAZY WITH IT! lol. The first time I held a pair of tweezers, I plucked my intense catapillar eyebrows into skinny, barely there worms. I thought it looked amazing at the time, but I was 10. Now, I’m still regretting that day because my eyebrows have taken years to grow back, and they still have much more work to do.
Some Things to Remember:
- If you have naturally thick, unruly eyebrows, it’s probably best to keep them full. If you make them too thin, you will have a hell of a time keeping up with it.
- If you’re new to tweezing, slanted tip tweezers will probably work best. You have more control and lessen the risk of pinching yourself.
- There is a myth out there that you shouldn’t pluck above your eyebrow. This is not true. Plucking above is as important as plucking below, if you need it.
- Make sure you have enough light!
- Do not overpluck!!
I’m OBSESSED with perfect eyebrows, and for me, the magic is in the arch. Great brows frame the face, call attention to the eyes and produce an all around polished look.
These celebs definitely have a one-up on the eyebrow competition:
(Doesn’t She Look Amazing in This Picture?!)
and I saved the best for last…..
My Favorite Celebrity Eyebrows:
LOOK AT HER EYEBROWS!! They are insane! She is always groomed, trimmed and filled to perfection.